Security of your bitcoin is our number one priority. We go above and beyond to ensure your bitcoin is stored securely, where only you can access it. We’ve recently employed a multi-signature hot wallet to facilitate bitcoin withdrawals. Bitlio controls one of the keys and the other is held by the multi-signature custodian BitGo. Dividing control of the keys between two companies makes your wallet much more secure, because an attacker would have to compromise both Bitlio and BitGo systems in order to steal the keys. All private keys are encrypted using bank-level security (AES-256).
We store over 90% of customers’ bitcoin offline. These cold storage devices are not connected to the internet and are near impossible to hack. Releasing any bitcoins from cold storage requires a coordinated effort with multiple layers of encryption and security checks.
Here are some key measures we employ to keep your bitcoin safe.
- We store over 90% of the wallets offline.
- We use AES-256 to encrypt your personal information.
- We manually process transactions over 5 BTC for your security.
- We employ military grade security to ensure all your data is safe and secure.
- We monitor our system 24/7 to ensure no suspicious activities are taking place.
- We employ two factor authentication for all accounts to ensure no one can have access but you.
- Our employees are background checked and have minimum access to your wallet.
We realize how much our customers value their bitcoin and do everything in our power to keep it safe and secure.